Arthur Clarence Slade
b. 5 September 1878, d. 14 October 1952
Arthur Clarence Slade was born on September 5, 1878 in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of George Frederick Slade and Mary Ellen Slade. He was Bookkeeper between 1901 and 1925.2 He married Susanne D. Hooper, daughter of George A. Hooper and Ellen M. McHugh, on May 21, 1901 in Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts.3,4 He was registered for the draft on September 6, 1918 in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.1 Susanne's sister, Nellie F. Hooper, 57, was also living with the family.5 He was Antique Dealer in 1950. He died on October 14, 1952 in Northwood, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, at age 74. He was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Everett, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Plot 215 Forest Glade.6
Children of Arthur Clarence Slade and Susanne D. Hooper
- [S72] World War I Draft Registration Card on Ancestry.com, Arthur Clarence Slade, b Sept 5, 1878, Chelsea, MA.
- [S12] City Directory of Chelsea, Massachucetts for year noted (Greenbugh, Boston), 1925 City Directory.
- [S39] Susan Slade Carr, Arthur C Slade, III Alfred L. Skinner, The Spice Slades of Chelsea, Massachusetts, page 27.
- [S203] Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001, FamilySearch.org, Haverhill Town Clerk, Arthur C Slade and Susan D Hooper, May 21, 1901.
- [S91] 1930 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachucetts, ED 13-545, sh 3-B, lines 73-76, dwl 66, fam 66.
- [S33] Woodlawn Cemetery Records, 302 Elm St, Everett, MA 02149.
- [S61] 1900 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, ED 1570, sh 5-B, lines 54-62, dwl 87, fam 92.
- [S62] 1910 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, ED 1671, sh 4-A, lines 30-36, dwl 55, fam 64.
- [S93] 1920 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachucetts, ED 644, sh 5-A, lines 46-50, dwl 55, fam 84.
- [S183] 1940 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, ED 13-49, sh 6-B, lines 79-80, fam 126.