George Frederick Slade
b. 16 December 1840, d. 14 November 1913
George Frederick Slade was born on December 16, 1840 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. He was the son of William Jennings Slade and Anna Maria Trickey. He married Mary Ellen Slade, daughter of Henry Slade and Sally Danforth, on July 5, 1866 in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, (They were first cousins, once removed.)1 He was tobacconist, cigar maker in Chelsea and Boston. He was the manufacturer of the Kohinoor Cigar, 'Best Five Cent Cigar in the World.' between 1867 and 1891.2 He lived in 1888 in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.3 He died on November 14, 1913 at age 72.4 He was buried in Woodland Cemetery, Everett, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.5
Children of George Frederick Slade and Mary Ellen Slade
- [S3] Benjamin Shurtleff, History of the Town of Revere (Massachucetts), P. 212.
- [S39] Susan Slade Carr, Arthur C Slade, III Alfred L. Skinner, The Spice Slades of Chelsea, Massachusetts, page 27.
- [S12] City Directory of Chelsea, Massachucetts for year noted (Greenbugh, Boston).
- [S130] Massachusetts Deaths, 1841--1915 Digital Images, George F. Slade, d Nov 13, 1914.
- [S130] Massachusetts Deaths, 1841--1915 Digital Images, George F. Slade, d Nov 13, 1914, certif 004284134.
- [S89] 1850 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachucetts, 5th Ward, p231 , lines 25-32, dwl 1201, fam 1857.
- [S59] 1860 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, Fifth Ward, p 220, lines 12-20, dwl 1019, fam 1633.
- [S61] 1900 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, ED 1570, sh 5-B, lines 54-62, dwl 87, fam 92.
- [S62] 1910 US Census of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, ED 1671, sh 4-A, lines 30-36, dwl 55, fam 64.